- Please allow 1/2 hour travel time if driving from Leavenworth.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to fill out waivers and the short walk down to the barn.
- We are located at Mountain Springs Lodge, please park in the main parking lot and your guide will meet you by the pond in front of the lodge. If inclement weather feel free to wait inside the lodge. Mountain Springs Lodge has restrooms, espresso stand and a gift shop.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Closed-toe shoes are mandatory to ride. Long pants are optional but recommended.
- If you have medical conditions such as bee allergies or asthma please remember to bring your epi-pen or inhaler. Please alert your guide if you have any medical conditions that we should be aware of.
- We provide a complimentary water to each participant but it does get hot out there so we encourage you to bring your own water bottle as well, especially for the longer rides.
- We will have a small bag on each saddle that can carry a water bottle and/or phone.
- No expectant mothers.
- No purses or cameras that have straps over the body allowed for safety reasons.
Minimum Age for a horseback rider: 7 years.
Double riding not permitted.
No drugs or alcohol allowed on the premises.
On horseback no vaping, smoking or eating.
No smoking around barn or horses.
We reserve the right to refuse a horseback ride to anyone who smells of alcohol, or anyone who seems to be “under the influence”.
- We provide equine protective headgear (riding helmets) free of charge.
- Helmets are required for all riders under 18 years of age.
- Riders 18 years and older have the option to wear a helmet.
- You are more than welcome to bring your own helmet as long as they are equine riding helmets. Please no bicycle helmets.
Height and Weight Restrictions
- The maximum weight we can accommodate is 250 lbs or 114 kg. We have limited horses that can accommodate riders over 200 pounds.
- We use Height-to-Weight Proportion Chart to determine whether or not it is safe for you to ride. (Shown below)
- The final decision is at the sole discretion of the guide if there appears to be a discrepancy of what was listed on your reservation. All riders must be able to mount and dismount their horse without assistance.
- The requirement is to ensure the safety and comfort of both the rider and the horse.
- Accuracy of sizes given upon reservation (give or take 5 to 10 pounds) is much appreciated, and sometimes essential to our ability to fulfill the reservation. Only a few of our horses can carry riders at the limits discussed above, so we reserve smaller horses for riders at smaller sizes and then may not have extra larger horses available on any given day.